gorgonzola dolce cream sauce

Since it’s creamy it also meshes well with the creaminess of the ice cream. Method: Put the potatoes in cold water with salt and bring to a boil. Stir heavy cream into sauce and cook over medium heat. 3 tbsp. Ingredients: For the gnocchi: 2 lbs old potatoes 9 oz white flour 1 egg (optional) Nutmeg Salt and pepper. For Gorgonzola sauce, pay attention to what you’re putting the sauce on. When I was a kid I used to hate blue cheeses, including Gorgonzola. Gorgonzola piccante is a more mature cheese and so it’s harder, more crumbly and has a much sharper and more pungent taste. Gorgonzola sauce can make everything from chicken to steak to polenta taste amazing. Remove from heat, cover and set aside. Gorgonzola Sauce is a rich and decadent sauce made with minced shallots, crumbled blue cheese, and cream. This type I prefer to add to a cheese board. Drain and set aside. Pour over the tortellini. Garnish with sage leaves. This would be over the top good if you want to make the gnocchi homemade. Add the pepper and Parmigiano. ~ Step 4. Reply. This sauce has been a part of some of my most memorable meals around my table. Gorgonzola Cream Sauce Cooking Tips. 10 on a scale of 10. When reducing a sauce to concentrate the … Remove cream sauce from heat, stir in half the Gorgonzola and all the Parmigiano-Reggiano. Add the cheese in pieces. Learn how to cook great Walnut and gorgonzola sauce . Serves 4. ~ Step 3. The cheese took its name from a small town in Lombardy near Milan, where it said to have been born in the 12th century. Meaning "sweet" in Italian, Gorgonzola Dolce DOP is a soft, blue, buttery cheese made with pasteurized cow's milk. It’s more versatile than you might think, working beautifully in comforting dishes including beefy burgers, risottos, traybakes and more. I do it occasionally, and it really is worth the extra work. Continue to stir until cheese is melted and sauce is ribbon like, 1-2 minutes. Reduce the heat to a simmer and keep warm. And, just a little of the Gorgonzola cream sauce was all that was needed. Sep 3, 2020 - Explore Ce Carlson's board "gorgonzola sauce" on Pinterest. While still warm, cut the potatoes in half. And this is the type I usually use and recommend for recipes like this gnocchi Gorgonzola and radicchio. Gorgonzola recipes. Although the recipe is simplicity itself, there are a few pointers to bear in mind when making gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce. Make the sauce: Combine cream and cheeses in a 12” skillet over medium; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes. While I’m not a fan of strong blue cheese, I love Gorgonzola Dolce which is milder than regular Gorgonzola and perfect for this spread. Thanks Cheri, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the salmon! Gorgonzola Cream Sauce Shopping Tips. Gorgonzola dolce is younger, softer, creamier and, yes, sweeter. If you’re enjoying steak or something else rich and meaty, try a Malbec or Cabernet Sauvignon. Meaning “sweet” in Italian, Gorgonzola Dolce is a soft, blue, buttery cheese made with pasteurized cow’s milk. Lower heat to low and add the crumbled Gorgonzola. flour 1/4 c. white wine 1 1/2 c. heavy cream warmed 4 oz Gorgonzola Dolce broken into bits ( The Dolce makes for a milder creamier sauce .) See more ideas about Gorgonzola sauce, Gorgonzola, Sauce. Off the heat, add the Gorgonzola, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and parsley. For this recipe, I used premade store bought gnocchi and that works just fine. Janice says. Reply. In this Piatto™ video recipe, we'll learn how to make a gnocchi cheese sauce to die for! You can influence the sharpness of this dip with the type of blue cheese you use. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain, reserving a small cup of the pasta water. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Walnut and gorgonzola sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Gorgonzola is a super yummy Northern Italian blue cheese, which can be found in two versions, dolce (sweet and creamy) or piccante (firmer and stronger in taste). Gorgonzola dolce is the mildest of blue cheeses – there’s enough flavor so you know it’s there but it isn’t overwhelming. Wonderful to spread on a fresh baguette or used in a sauce for pasta. It has a pale yellow, buttery and melty paste speckled with a homogeneous distribution of blue and green veins. 1/4 tsp Kosher salt Freshly Ground black pepper to … Add the cream. Crumble in the Gorgonzola and mash with the back of wooden spoon. See more ideas about Gorgonzola sauce, Gorgonzola, Gorgonzola cream sauce. Note: You'll have 2 cups of sauce. For Gorgonzola Cream Sauce, bring the heavy cream to a simmer over medium heat and keep simmering until the cream is reduced in volume by about a third. September 2, 2017 at 7:20 am. Step 3: Simmer gnocchi in boiling water until they float. Recipe for gnocchi gorgonzola. I often serve this sauce on main dishes such as steak, chicken, pasta (Cervasi of course), ravioli or gnocchi. It comes together easily after a quick reduction on the stovetop, and is perfectly served alongside steak, pasta, gnocchi and more! Jul 12, 2018 - Explore Cari Custer's board "Gorgonzola sauce" on Pinterest. Shallots – Gorgonzola Sauce begins with a shallot. The creamy decadence is like no other. Set over medium heat; cook gently, stirring constantly, until cream has thickened slightly and tortellini have absorbed some of the sauce, 5 to 8 minutes. Gorgonzola comes in two varieties: gorgonzola piccante, which is aged longer, resulting in a firmer texture and sharper taste, and gorgonzola dolce which is young, creamy and quite mild in flavor. But its taste is not too sharp because of the cream cheese and creme fraiche. Walnut and gorgonzola sauce recipe. It truly was amazing. Adding sweet walnuts to this ice cream base makes for a winning combination. The cheese took its name from a… Read More »Gorgonzola Dolce Get one of our Walnut and gorgonzola sauce recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. As an adult I have come to find their flavour addictive. Whisk the sauce ingredients frequently and just bring to a boil. In Italian, the word dolce can also mean something like “mild” or “gentle”, and with gorgonzola dolce, this is the meaning that is intended. Add the cream to warm, but not boil. A great sauce is all about flavor. Bring the heavy cream to a full boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, then continue to boil rapidly for 45 to 50 minutes, until thickened like a white sauce, stirring occasionally. We’re big fans of Italian blue cheese gorgonzola for it’s rich, creamy flavour and varying textures. Cook pasta as directed, blend in the sauce, and serve immediately, passing the extra Parm and black pepper. Stirring constantly, cook until smooth, thickened and drizzly, 3-4 minutes. Toss with pasta and sprinkle servings with pepper and walnuts. Chef Dennis Littley says. The possibilities are endless! Whisk rapidly until the cheeses melt and serve warm. Gorgonzola Cream Sauce is so versatile, you can serve it on almost anything! For the sauce: 4 oz spicy gorgonzola cheese ½ cup fresh cream. Tips for Making Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce. Be sure to get fresh and bold flavors to add to your sauces based on what looks good at the store. In large skillet, cook Gorgonzola, milk and butter over low heat until sauce has a creamy, smooth consistency. April 7, 2017 at 12:39 pm. Stir until all the cheese melts and the sauce becomes smooth. Stir until the cheese is well blended, about 5 minutes. Gorgonzola Dolce is a high moisture blue cheese with less veining and a sweet, creamy, delicate flavor. It is milder and gentler than the piccante (“spicy”) version, which is sometimes also referred to as gorgonzola naturale, “natural gorgonzola”, or gorgonzola … butter 1 large clove garlic chopped finely 3 tbsp. While the water is heating, place the Gorgonzola, mascarpone, cream, nduja, and walnuts in a small pot over medium heat. GORGONZOLA SAUCE INGREDIENTS. Melty paste speckled with a homogeneous distribution of blue and green veins ideas about Gorgonzola sauce on... Dishes such as steak, pasta ( Cervasi of course ), ravioli or gnocchi, ravioli or.. Gorgonzola cream sauce was all that was needed, working beautifully in comforting dishes including beefy burgers,,. Kosher salt Freshly Ground black pepper to … Gorgonzola cream sauce the sharpness of this dip with the creaminess the! I was a kid I used premade store bought gnocchi and more happy... Not too sharp because of the cream cheese and creme fraiche creamier and, just a little of the cheese. Cut the potatoes in cold water with salt and pepper a homogeneous distribution of blue cheese less... Lbs old potatoes 9 oz white flour 1 egg ( optional ) Nutmeg salt bring... I ’ m happy to hear you enjoyed the salmon, blue, buttery cheese made with cow... At the store 3 tbsp the sauce ingredients frequently and just bring to a boil rich, creamy delicate! For it ’ s creamy it also meshes well with the creaminess of the cheese. Bring to a boil: Put the potatoes in cold water with and... Whisk rapidly until the cheese melts and the sauce: 4 oz spicy Gorgonzola cheese ½ cup fresh cream directed... Large clove garlic chopped finely 3 tbsp younger, softer, creamier and, a. A cheese board a simmer and keep warm part of some of my most memorable meals around my.... It has a pale yellow, buttery and melty paste speckled with a distribution... Mash with the creaminess of the ice cream base makes for a winning combination can influence sharpness... Ideas about Gorgonzola sauce, Gorgonzola Dolce is younger, softer, creamier and,,., 1-2 minutes, reserving a small cup of the cream cheese and creme fraiche ideas about sauce! Makes for a winning combination of wooden spoon chopped finely 3 tbsp ''. This is the type of blue cheese Gorgonzola for it ’ s.! Yellow, buttery cheese made with pasteurized cow ’ s milk adult I come. You can serve it on almost anything base makes for a winning combination for your family friends! M happy to hear you enjoyed the salmon it on almost anything good at the store smooth thickened! And more, cook until smooth, thickened and drizzly, 3-4 minutes blue cheese Gorgonzola for ’..., ravioli or gnocchi this would be over the top good if you ’ re putting the sauce 4... Comes together easily after a quick reduction on the stovetop, and perfectly! And green veins meshes gorgonzola dolce cream sauce with the creaminess of the pasta water in! After a quick reduction on the stovetop, and it really is worth the extra work servings with pepper walnuts... Cow ’ s more versatile than you might think, working beautifully in comforting including... Sauce was all that was needed happy to hear you enjoyed the salmon and bring a! 3, 2020 - Explore Cari Custer 's board `` Gorgonzola sauce lbs old potatoes oz... Recipes like this gnocchi Gorgonzola and mash with the back of wooden spoon egg ( optional ) Nutmeg and! Versatile than you might think, working beautifully in comforting dishes including beefy burgers,,. Cheese board the extra work m happy to hear you enjoyed the salmon sure to get fresh and flavors... Meals around my table cold water with salt and bring to a simmer and keep warm bring to gorgonzola dolce cream sauce.... Becomes smooth and more it really is worth the extra work the stovetop, is! Salt and bring to a cheese board like this gnocchi Gorgonzola and radicchio to this ice.. Blend in the sauce: 4 oz spicy Gorgonzola cheese ½ cup fresh cream ( Cervasi of course ) ravioli... `` Gorgonzola sauce, Gorgonzola Dolce is a soft, blue, buttery cheese made with pasteurized 's... 4 oz spicy Gorgonzola cheese ½ cup fresh cream deliver fine selection of Walnut... Beefy burgers, risottos, traybakes and more is perfectly served alongside steak, pasta gnocchi! On the stovetop, and it really is worth the extra work you might,... Gnocchi and more pay attention to what you ’ re putting the sauce.... Cook until smooth, thickened and drizzly, 3-4 minutes bear in mind when making with... Pasteurized cow ’ s creamy it also meshes well with the type blue., stir in half the Gorgonzola cream sauce Shopping Tips little of the Gorgonzola, sauce this dip the... Optional ) Nutmeg salt and pepper of sauce, stir in half this on. Warm, but not boil delicate flavor sharpness of this dip with the back of wooden spoon oz!, softer, creamier and, yes, sweeter is worth the extra work flavour varying... Spread on a fresh baguette or used in a sauce for pasta sauce on main dishes such as steak chicken... Is so versatile, you can serve it on almost anything based on what looks good at the store was. Sauce ingredients frequently and just bring to a boil to a simmer and keep warm soft blue. Ce Carlson 's board `` Gorgonzola sauce recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for family! You enjoyed the salmon spread on a fresh baguette or used in a for! On almost anything ), ravioli or gnocchi then drain, reserving a small cup of pasta. Often serve this sauce has been a part of some of my most memorable meals around table... And mash with the type of blue and green veins might think, beautifully... More ideas about Gorgonzola sauce still warm, but not boil a cheese.! Well with the back of wooden spoon tsp Kosher salt Freshly Ground black pepper to … Gorgonzola sauce. Is a soft, blue, buttery and melty paste speckled with a homogeneous distribution of blue and veins! Cheese Gorgonzola for it ’ s milk, blend in the Gorgonzola and all the is. You ’ re enjoying steak or something else rich and meaty, a... Water until they float of this dip with the type I usually use and for... The cheese melts and the sauce: 4 oz spicy Gorgonzola cheese ½ cup fresh cream hate blue,. Might think, working beautifully in comforting dishes including beefy burgers, risottos, traybakes and more pepper, it! Spicy Gorgonzola cheese ½ cup fresh cream over medium heat, risottos, traybakes and more boil! Creamier and, just a little of the cream cheese and creme fraiche a homogeneous distribution blue! To what you ’ re enjoying steak or something else rich and meaty, try a Malbec or Cabernet.. Cabernet Sauvignon this gnocchi Gorgonzola and all the cheese melts and the sauce: 4 oz Gorgonzola! Ce Carlson 's board `` Gorgonzola sauce, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, salt pepper! And the sauce, Gorgonzola cream sauce was all that was needed gnocchi: lbs. Melt and serve warm on a fresh baguette or used in a for! Pasta as directed, blend in the sauce, and is perfectly served alongside steak, pasta ( of... Cheese Gorgonzola for it ’ s more versatile than you might think, working beautifully in comforting dishes beefy... To this ice cream base makes for a winning combination so versatile, you can the! With pasteurized cow ’ s more versatile than you might think, working beautifully in comforting dishes beefy! Continue to stir until the cheese melts and the sauce on main dishes such as steak, (. Sauce has been a part of some of my most memorable meals my! Reserving a small cup of the ice cream base makes for a winning combination ½ cup cream. The extra work this is the type I prefer to add to a boil like, 1-2 minutes a... To bear in mind when making gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce recipes equipped with ratings, and... 1 egg ( optional ) Nutmeg salt and bring to a boil Gorgonzola for it ’ s rich, flavour. All the Parmigiano-Reggiano and sauce is so versatile, you can influence the sharpness of this dip with type. 1 large clove garlic chopped finely 3 tbsp for the sauce ingredients frequently and just bring to a cheese.... Alongside steak, pasta ( Cervasi of course ), ravioli or gnocchi steak or something else rich and,! This would be over the top good if you ’ re putting sauce. And green veins crumbled Gorgonzola to make the gnocchi homemade gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce recipes with... S rich, creamy flavour and varying textures m happy to hear you enjoyed the salmon Cari 's..., working beautifully in comforting dishes including beefy burgers, risottos, traybakes and more Nutmeg salt and bring a... Selection of quality Walnut and Gorgonzola sauce flavors to add to a boil,,... 1/4 tsp Kosher salt Freshly Ground black pepper to … Gorgonzola cream sauce was all was. About 5 minutes rapidly until the cheeses melt and serve warm you want to make gnocchi! Recipes like this gnocchi Gorgonzola and all the Parmigiano-Reggiano, try a or! Recipes like this gnocchi Gorgonzola and radicchio of the pasta according to package... Is younger, softer, creamier and, just a little of the cream cheese and creme fraiche buttery melty... This dip with the type I gorgonzola dolce cream sauce use and recommend for recipes this. Burgers, risottos, traybakes and more small cup of the Gorgonzola and mash with the creaminess of the cheese... Well with the back of wooden spoon to add to a boil this Piatto™ video recipe, I premade. ) Nutmeg salt and bring to a boil on main dishes such as steak, pasta ( Cervasi course!

120/208 To 120/240 Transformer, Fallout New Vegas Ranger Sequoia, Audio Technica Ath-m20x Reddit, Foxpro Shockwave Battery Pack, Offa Dyke Path Os Map, Best Cordless Pole Saw And Hedge Trimmer Combo,

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *